I was not able to see the whole broadcast of the Grammy’s yesterday. I had to get a flight back home while part of the broadcast was still on. I was able to see about an hours worth. From what I saw, and from what I read later on the interwebs and twitter I felt it was an entertaining show. No surprises at all on the winners, but it was a fun show to watch none the less. Here are my impressions of the Grammys.
- Big night for Adele winning every category she was nominated. No big surprise there. In a weak year for music her album 21 was the safe bet to get the Win. I will not take anything away from Adele her album and singles. They were some of the best songs of the year. I just do feel the Grammy community took the safe route on just giving everything to Adele.
- If I was running the show I would have given it to The Foo Fighters Album of the Year for Wasting Light.
- Record of the Year to I would have given it to Adele, Rolling In The Deep is just a powerful song.
- I would have given Song of the year, how I understand this award is more of a songwriters award, to Bon Iver for Holocence.
- I would have given Best Dance Recording To for Raise Your Weapon.
- For best pop performance I would have liked either Coldplay with Paradise or to Foster the People for Pumped up Kicks, instead of Body and soul by Tony Bennet and Amy Winehouse which kinda seems like a Grammy just because of Whitehouse’s passing.
- I don’t understand how Bruno Mars got so many nominations. I can understand giving him the pop nomination, but giving him best song of the year for grenades? Really? Have your read his lyrics? I feel the Grammys were desperately trying to be cool with nominating Bruno Mars.
- Since I’m talking about nominations, Kanye West should have been nominated more. Power is a great song and his album, My Dark Twisted Fantasy is great.
Other than that I really enjoyed the Grammys. I like how the show fucus more on the performances than giving out awards. My favorite performances of the night were of Bruce Springsteen, foo fighters, Coldplay, Rihanna and Deadmau5. I would love to post videos of my favorite performances but I could not find any good videos of them.
- Adele Wins Six Grammys (shoppingblog.com)